Mark J. Cintron – Founding Partner
Mark J. Cintron is the firm’s founding partner. Mark’s experience for the past decade has been rather unique. It has allowed him to gain the practical knowledge and exposure not afforded to most attorneys his age. It is this experience that provides him complete confidence to meet all your legal needs.
During his first year of law school, Mark began working with Henry F. Furst, Esq., a distinguished attorney and former Chair of the Criminal Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Henry has been practicing law for well over thirty years and spent over a third of his career as partner to two of the most recognized attorneys in the state. Mark’s high degree of motivation, knowledge of the law and work ethic was recognized by Henry, who made Mark managing partner of his firm and changed the firm’s name to Furst & Cintron.
After almost eight years with Henry, Mark followed his dream of starting his own law firm. In his practice he predominantly handles criminal and traffic matters, expungements, personal injury cases, business disputes, landlord-tenant litigation and collections. The other lawyers associated with the firm handle family law, residential real estate transactions and condominium association matters.
In addition to being the managing partner of The Cintron Firm, Mark serves as a Municipal Court Prosecutor for other New Jersey municipalities.
Honors and Awards:
- 2016 Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- 2015 Best Attorney of America by Rue Ratings
- 2015 Client Satisfaction Award from the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- 2014 New Jersey Outstanding Young Lawyer by New Jersey Monthly.
- 2014 Latino American Who’s Who Honoree for Achievement in Advancing the Culture of the Latino American Business Community
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, B.A.
- Major: Government and Psychology
- Municipal Prosecutor, City of New Brunswick, City of East Orange
- Alternate Municipal Prosecutor, Alternative Public Defender in Hackensack, Joint Municipal Court of Hazlet and Matawan.
- The Life of a DWI Case: What You Need to Know If You Are Handling DWI Cases In 2012, Co-Chair of Seminar
- The Basics of Municipal Court Practice 2013, Speaker
- Hot Topics In Criminal Law And DWI Practice: The Issues You Will Encounter in 2014, Co-Chair of Seminar
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey Political Action Committee
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions:
- Public Defender of West New York, 2010
- Law Offices of Furst & Cintron, Partner, 2002 – 2009
- Muse & Associates, Law Clerk, 1998 – 2001